Follow some of these easy steps to start your estate planning today:
- Gather your financial information: Gather all of your financial information, including bank accounts, investments, and property.
- Choose your beneficiaries: Decide who you want to receive your assets after you pass away.
- Select an executor: Choose someone you trust to manage the details of your estate plan.
- Create a will: A will is the most important document in an estate plan. It lays out your wishes regarding how your assets should be distributed upon your death.
- Consider a trust: A trust can be used to manage and protect your assets for your beneficiaries.
- Make a list of important documents: Make a list of all the important documents you need for your estate plan, including titles and deeds to property, insurance policies, and any other important paperwork.
- Choose a guardian for your children: If you have minor children, you should designate a guardian in your will.
- Choose a power of attorney: A power of attorney is someone you designate to make decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated.
- Update your plan regularly: Make sure to review your estate plan at least once a year to make sure all your documents are up-to-date.
Visit our website at www.jacquesrobert.com for more information on Estate Planning.