Have you been appointed executor recently, feeling overwhelmed? We can help!
Some of the duties that we can assist you in are as follows:
- Advise family members that you are the executor
- Advise any designated beneficiaries of the death. Give residuary beneficiaries of the estate a copy of the will.
- Notify the deceased’s bank and/or financial advisor, and request date of death information about all accounts.
- Contact any insurance companies that held life insurance policies on the deceased and ask for confirmation of policy amounts and beneficiary designations.
- Cancel the deceased’s credit cards.
- Notify OAS or CPP programs and any private pension providers of the death.
- Cancel passport, driver’s license and all other ID
- Notify Canada Revenue Agency of the death.
- Apply for the CPP death benefit.
- Determine whether you wish to place a newspaper advertisement for creditors and claimants.
- Prepare Releases for the beneficiaries to sign (this is not required by law but most executors prefers to have signed Releases).
Contact our office for a fee quote or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.